Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mood and Voice




Mood for Grammar

A mood shows the writer’s attitude toward what he/she is saying. This really helps a lot in conveying a certain message effectively. the reporter really differentiate it well.

1. Indicative Mood- states an actuality or fact.

  • We will go to see a movie this Saturday.
  • I’ll follow you.
  • I saw something today that really annoyed me.
2. Imperative Mood- makes a request.
  • Let’s go to see a play this weekend!
  • Please stop bugging me!
3. Subjunctive Mood-expresses a doubtful condition (contrary to fact) and is often used with an "if" clause.
  • If I were you, I wouldn’t buy a phone.
  • I wish I were more organized.
Voice for Grammar 


Active voice describes a sentence where the subject performs the action stated by the verb.  In passive voice sentences, the subject is acted upon by the verb. It is really easy to identify this two voices.
ex: 
1. Beautiful giraffes roam the savannah. (active)
    The savannah is roamed by beautiful giraffes. (passive)
2. Leo changed the flat tire. (active)
    The flat tire was changed by Leo. (passive)
3. We are going to watch a movie tonight. (active)
    A movie is going to be watched by us tonight. (passive)
So that's it you Guys, I hope I helped you with your Grammar Stuffs
Hope to see you on my next one. Bye :)

No comments:

Post a Comment